Saturday, November 29, 2008

MDISK Notebook Cooler

Laptop cooler is here to answer your need regarding a theory of constant circulation air will help the laptop's performance. I bought this one at Jakarta Fair last July for a special price; IDR 120,000. Unfortunately the price on the website is slightly more expensive.

Price: IDR 201,000 (web-based)
Where to buy: mdiskshop.com

What it is:
A laptop cooling-pad made of iron with 2-coolingfan to cool down the battery heat. It suits up to 13-inch laptops.

Product: 4 out of 5
Quality: 5 out of 5
Design: 3 out of 5
Overall: 4 out of 5

Will I buy again? No. What for?

PROS:
- No software/battery/charger required. Using USB 2.0 to connect, it's very handy and easy to use: just plug and play. However you can buy an adaptor to avoid it consuming your laptop’s battery life.
- Made of iron, that assured me it has a great resistance. 
- Silent. There are no such annoying chimes.
- 3-month warranty.

CONS:
- Consume pretty much of your laptop’s battery life. As I mentioned above, it’s already solved with an adaptor.
- It’s a good stuff, but not that essential.

Overall:
There are many laptop coolers out there, but most of them are made of plastics. Plastics are much cheaper than steel but when I compare them; I can tell that plastics are easily broken (and got scratched!). I realize that this stuff is not vital but if you’re a Macbook user like I do, you’ll know
what I mean LOL.

9 comments:

  1. well devi, looks too high tech for me to operate and I like to HEAT up rather than cool down ;)

    Justin...Justin Credible

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont hv one although i'm using a notebook. didnt find it necessary since there's aircond in my room

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm .. I never use that kind of cooler, not even my colleague in the office (most of all using laptop, though).

    Why don't you buy the cover, the one with beautiful picture ?

    I mean not to cover your laptop, it's kinda a sticker, it's fancy though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoa..so you often bring your laptop along with the cooler? because I assume that it drains your battery heavily when you're not connected to the power

    ReplyDelete
  5. @justin: it's a user-friendly product :)

    @merapu: you're lucky then. I don't have one in my computer room :D

    @tere: as I mentioned in the post, it's a not a vital product but you can have it if you want to. Hmm I don't really like that kinda stickers but I'll consider it ;)

    @boy: not really. Well basically I rarely carry around my laptop LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use a laptop cooler as well. It's made out of alumunium and it's silver (obviously). Kinda cooled my laptop a bit. I think.

    Because I use AMD processor, my laptop gets hot very quickly and it's always jacked up to the power anyways, so no problem for the battery life.

    Either way, I think the battery life for my Fujitsu kinda sux anyway :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. i already use these kind of notebook cooler, but in different brand with slightly cheaper price :D. This stuff really useful for me, becauce i often force my notebook to work more than 12 hours daily

    ReplyDelete
  8. @therry: Fujitsu? Really? I thought it's one of the best..

    @arielz: 12 hours daily? Wow! Don't you have a PC?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting post,

    Laptop Cooler is an attachment that helps to reduce Operating Temperature when the existing Fan Device of the Laptop is insufficient in reducing the heat. Laptop Cooler's are designed in such a way that they are usually helpful to reduce the heat which comes from the bottom of the device. These Coolers have their own fans which drive power from the power adapters. However, the most up to date versions of a chill pad use the USB port on the laptop. There are certain other devices which are more advanced and offer an insert for memory sticks or key drives.

    Cooling products

    ReplyDelete

Remember to always include your name and e-mail address to get personal reply. Constructive comments are more than welcome. And for the HATERS, thanks for the page hit!