Friday, October 17, 2008

Possibly Need a New Cellphone

Probably means there's a good chance. Possibly means we might or we might not. ---Chris Gardner in The Pursuit of Happyness
Ok so I think I possibly need a new cellphone. For 3 years I've been depending my mobile communication on my silver Sony Ericsson K750i. Sony Ericsson has been known for its best feature on music player and camera, and I have no complain about it.

However as the cellphone gets old in my ownership, I recently get hard times to operate the joystick. It's really a pain in the butt consider that there is no other keypad to replace the function of the darn joystick. My brother said it has something to do but the firmware, so I tried to search for my firmware update. Download this-and-that, follow all instructions provided but the application won't run the update on my cellphone. Hmpf!

So let it be. 

And yet the problems keep growing, driving me nuts; suddenly turn-off-itself-and-turn-on-again hang, lame camera, and believe it or not, I got a keypad took off! I guess you all know that unlike Nokia, SE cellphones are not able for casing and keypad changes. 

Shortly after the keypad incident, I used scotch tape instead of power glue to control the damage, LOL. You can see it on picture below. 

(Click to enlarge)
The broken keypad is the one on upper left aka "Menu" button.

Regarding the possibility of cellphone replacements, I've been eyeing Blackberry curve 8320 in Sunset Red and of course, the legendary Blackberry Bold. It's still early to decide though, so let me just enjoy the weekend. I'll keep you updated!



Have a splendid weekend!

3 comments:

  1. The blackberry bold looks nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @vanessa: we practically have the same thought! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blackberry cell phones are looking AWESOME!! I have BlackBerry Curve 8310 which got from ATT Wireless last month... It has wonderful features like QWERTY keyboard, media player, Stereo BLUETOOTH etc.

    ReplyDelete

Remember to always include your name and e-mail address to get personal reply. Constructive comments are more than welcome. And for the HATERS, thanks for the page hit!