Friday, October 12, 2007

Felicity: An American Girl Adventure

I saw this movie for the first time at HBO Signature. I thought it's just another classic movie based on fictional characters who lived during period of history. However I've watched it till the end.

The main character is ten-year-old Felicity Merriman growing up in Williamsburg, Pennsylvania, just before the American Revolution. She comes across a beautiful horse, yet she names it "Penny", that has been cruelly mistreated by the owner called Jiggy Nye. After planning an elaborate rescue mission, Felicity learns a few life lessons as things don't quite go the way they're supposed to.

Did I mention early about how touchy I was? Okay I did cry on some scenes when I was watching it. First scene I reckon it's the moment Felicity is praying in the middle of the night for her mom (after giving birth to baby Polly, her mom is dying); "God.. I know you have a lot of people to be taken care of in this world, but my mom is our world. My family needs her. I cannot let her go.. I cannot let her go..!!" She ends up crying. So do I.

Other thing that has made me touched is her maturity after learning lessons from her grandfather. "It's not good to chase something when you are leaving away something else" is her advice to Ben, her father's contracted apprentice when he is running away from the store to join military. It is also the last sentence to remind what the grandfather has told her before he passes away. "Every word that people say when they're mad, is not come from their heart" makes Felicity care about Jiggy Nye's life in prison. She spreads love and kindness to her surroundings.

I don't know if this film was as historically accurate as it should have been. Maybe some of the things are questionable (you tell me!), nevertheless this is a very enjoyable and inspiring movie!

You can watch the trailer here.

*Picture is taken from hboasia.com

8 comments:

  1. dee...
    uda ga punya hbo lg
    hix

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waduh saya nggak punya HBO, tapi kira2 ada nggak ya yang jual DVDnya?

    ReplyDelete
  3. kira kira ada gak DVD nya di sini, udah lama neeh gak nonton film dengan tema cerita seperti ini

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a coincident and rather uncanny, indeed!!

    I was just randomly blog hopping via Google and here I am commenting because I happened to watch this movie on HBO the other day as well.

    Awesome! This must be a lucky day for me to buy a lottery. lol :P

    Greetings from Sarawak, Malaysia, btw!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Devi, i've moved my blog to a new site, you can update the link of your blogger of the week here.

    Keep writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wah saya belom nonton filemnya. bisa di bagi g dengan saya ?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I too enjoy Felicity. In fact I have seen the movie several times because I bought the DVD. I like the story and the formality of the language that was used compared to the way many people speak today. Yes Felicity does mature quickly in the movie. Shailene Woodley who plays Felicity in the movie does a great job. I also love the theme song for the movie, very pretty melody. The best movies are movies of people, not about things. Another point which is just my personal opinion is that I love long dresses on girls. Its makes them look more feminine. However unlke Colonial times girls today have the opportunity to dress for the ocassion. Enough of my ramblings. Thanks for reading. AZ

    ReplyDelete

Remember to always include your name and e-mail address to get personal reply. Constructive comments are more than welcome. And for the HATERS, thanks for the page hit!