Tuesday, June 12, 2007

On Shoe Addiction

Are shoes better than sex? Are shoes to die for? --The Shoe Collector (British Film)

I love shoes as much as I love clothes and bags. Even though the picture doesn't cover all my footwear (of course I won't take my flip-flops and other broken shoes/sandals in), I can say this is it! My lovely collection of all, small but growing I believe *wink*. I still want more bright colors like purple, red, orange, etc. (y'know, Be Bold! is the latest trend baby!)

However I'm not intending to be another Imelda Marcos, the former Philippine First Lady who world's best-known as The Woman with 1000 pair of shoes. Sometimes I don't understand how she could manage to pick one to go, since she has like hundreds! *drooling*

It's not easy for me to get shoes in my size, especially here in Indonesia. I don't get it why most stores have their biggest size at EUR 39 instead of 40? I have a big foot! Darn. Of course I can find my size perfectly at expensive branded stores, too bad the tag price pull me off. *sob*

I was seeing one of Zara cone-heel-strappy shoes (in black) the other day and I really wanted them a lot!, but the IDR 949,000 put me down. I really do wish they are still available on mid-year sale with 50-70% off bwahaha! I wish.

About my collection...
I think I have pretty much in style; flats, boots, sneakers, wedges, peep-toe, pumps, mules, sandals, and slippers. Most of them in basic colors, as you've seen above. I'm in love with heels, doesn't matter I'm already 5' 6" tall, heels make me feel sexy. And if I have a chance to add some more to my collection, it must be espadrilles and peep-toe slingback wedges!

24 comments:

  1. That's a lot......Start collecting huh ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wah, seru nih. kebetulan tulisan saya ada nyinggung2 shoe addicted. Silahkan dilihat :

    tips bekerja di majalah fashion

    ReplyDelete
  3. gee dev, you make me feel like running out to jimmy choo and spending all my money on a pair of shoes!! hahaha. Yes I do have my eyes on a pair of mid-heeled patent boots :)

    (I'm a sucker for stunning & comfy shoes)

    ReplyDelete
  4. until they make somekind of an edible shoes with delicious flavor, I'm not going to collect any!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @anonymous: yeap, small but growing LOL!

    @mukuge: hehe I can feel you ;) Me too. That's why I'm out of stilettos! Those things can get me to the hospital for suffering low back pain bwahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm.. I remember when I wanted a pair of shoes and my mom accompanied me to the store. The result was, I came home empty handed and my mom bought a pair, and she even wanted bought another one *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  8. ternyata koleksi loe banyak jg ya Dev! =). the infections had spread me loh, gw baru balik dr hkg (blm sempat update blog nih), and ..i got...4 from there!! huehuehue..padahal itu udah press the brake ...kl ga, ga ngerti deh..but...a woman never have too many shoes right? ;)gw demen jg espadrilles. pernah liat yang lutu di linea, terus cepet bener dah ilang..;( gw sebel kl pake sepatu baru, pasti deh, ada aja kaki gw yang dimakan kulitnya..hik2..

    ReplyDelete
  9. @alice: wah enak bener yg baru balik dari HK!! kok ga blg2 sih..kan bisa nitip :p hehehe.. mana recent purchasednya??

    ReplyDelete
  10. *wah keburu ke-click 'publish' rese bener..*

    @adi: hehehe.. maklumin aja yah.. ce gtu loh, kebutuhannya banyak bwahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, thats a hellava collection!! your blog seems to be really nice!! Are you interested in exchanging links? My blog is at http://www.changingtechnology.blogspot.com/ and it’s about the latest gadgets and the technology used. Do let me know if you are interested. I too will put up a link to your blog on mine. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. guh another link exchange beggar. me don't likey reading those!

    not to mention that is one suck ass blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maybe you will be interested with this link *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  14. tampilan blog loe juga bahasa indo loh! =), kayaknya default setting di indo bukan? =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. wuih banyak juga yak?
    sayang Dev, disini ga ada toko sepatu.
    setidaknya itu yg gw rasakan selama 6 bulan di Kotabumi:P

    ReplyDelete
  16. turut mendoakan dev, semoga cone-heel-strappy shoes zara itu masih available saat sale ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Not only Shoe addiction attack to women but cloth addiction to. its normally... the women characteristic
    its quite different with men... have sex addiction he he he

    ReplyDelete
  18. dev, congrats dah jadi moderator di fashion blog nya hanzky...hehe..gw belum sempet banyak komen2 lagi nih ...i think u should have another blog juga, fashion blog..hehe..last postingnya dah on d right track for that tuh.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. @alice: iya nih, uda diganti defaultnya :) back to English, as always ;)

    >>hmm fashion blog? ga lah kan uda ada fashionesedaily :D

    @dhani: masa sih??? *rolling eyes*

    @ninit: iya, mudah2an ya. ga tau juga nih..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow what an interesting blog

    Wow what a collections.

    I just purchased
    "shoes"
    from shoedeals4u.com. Still I am planning to purchase one of these for my daughter on her birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow very good collection....suddenly this shoes seem to be a jewels spreaded on the mud....Really a amazing collection....now am waiting for this,now i got through your site...i through my old nike now.......

    ReplyDelete
  22. thats quite a number shoes u have.. me? juz cpuple of shoe i think enough for me .. =)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am new to the world of fashion blogging. I Love your site.Check out this spine tingling site. I saved 70% on designer wear. Awesome shopping! Hot cars included.

    Firstclassfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice blog! Let's see if it's fulfilling your hunger of shoes ...

    http://www.sepatulukis.com

    ReplyDelete

Remember to always include your name and e-mail address to get personal reply. Constructive comments are more than welcome. And for the HATERS, thanks for the page hit!