Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year Blast

Have you ever wondered, by any chance, what happened to me after Christmas by posting nothing even for a single word? Well the answer would be nothing more than Hengchun (Taiwan) earthquake on Dec 26, 2006. I swear to God, I was about writing another entries for New Year's final countdown and probably my resolutions to rejoice the new upcoming year. However, I couldn't post anything due to internet disruption. I couldn't even sign in to blogger since it's an American site according to my friend. I heard some people said that the earthquake caused damage to several international submarine communications cable. The rest is history. I'm glad it's getting better now. Otherwise I'm still not be able to post my raves and rants again. *giggling*

I spent my New Year's Eve in a private party of Ari & friends at Steven's house, Pluit. It was my second year to celebrate New Year with them. It was very fun and splendid. Puji was the host of games for that day and 3 teams were built to participate; Ting-ting (consists of Ari, Intan, Mei-mei, Sally, Tony, etc), Kacang (the freakiest team of Vina, Steven, Anita, Yudi, etc), and my cool team Tug-tug (with Andrew, Joe, Wenny Peky, Cindy, Thomas, Ko FuLing, etc). The first place was taken by Kacang, followed by Tug-tug on the second and Ting-ting on the last place. Fireworks, trumpets, laughter, happiness, were all of us. The only reason I was invited there is because I am supposedly Ari's girlfriend. So when Steven said "See ya next year" before we were leaving, I simply answered "if I'm still his" LOL. Whatsoever.

As for my boring year-end holiday, I had myself movie marathon 2 days in a row. I watched it at home with my macbook since Andrew has brought me some of DVDs rip ;p

Let's check my playlist.
  1. Material Girls. Average.
  2. Final Destination 3. Average. Same with its previous.
  3. Tenacious D. Truly not recommended. It's a crap.
  4. CLICK. Good. Love the soundtrack Linger by The Cranberries. I'm missing you...you know I'm such a fool for you... The message is also great. Family goes first.
  5. Texas Chainsaw Massacre - 2003. Not good. But yeah, it freaks me out.
  6. Akeelah and the Bee. I'm LOVIN' IT.
  7. The Omen - 2006. Dislike it. I cut the tape on the minutes 7. It's boring.

And still got plenty to go; An Inconvenient Truth, Insideman, Silent Hill, RV, Rebound, Obsession, Take the Lead, and many more.

Btw, I'm not really happy with this new year. Well I'm glad to be here and continue my life in 2007. But then when I saw the news about a local plane (from Jakarta to Manado) was missing yesterday, I mourned. It's really a bad start to begin a new year. Darn. Why do all good things come to an end?

Picture is added on Jan 8, 2006

8 comments:

  1. uhh, i dont know if youve read my post "flames to dust... lovers to friends..." but it somewhat answers your question (or at least leads you to think so anyway)

    yea final destination's NOTHING to holla about. aside from its usual display of tits and gore, it really offers nothing to the regular moviegoer. i havent seen the rest of the movie titles youve mentioned but im still rooting for tenacious D. it is afterall, jack black and that dude cant do no wrong in my books.

    glad to see you greeted the new year with a big bang. i stuffed myself silly with slimy raw oysters watchin a half-assed live band play out of tune in a decent star-rated hotel while i wondered the whole time, "is this worth a hundred bucks ?"

    hell no.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Devi
    I must be getting old, I fell asleep at 9pm on new years eve!
    I am looking forward to getting to Jakarta and meeting for a coffee!
    Glad you had a great New Years Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @debbie:

    Sorry I haven't (before I posted this entry). In fact I've just logged in to yours and left a comment :D

    Well actually the songs in the movie (Tenacious D) are great but still it's not a good story for a movie. You should listen to the song called "F*ck Her Gently". I love it.

    Ah so you got that expensive round-table dinner :p It wasn't so bad euy.

    @jenny:

    Hi Jen, happy new year to you and your family! Ah never mind, maybe you just tired that day. Well see you in Jakarta ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry, I was such a dumb doing that Tenacious D. I think I was on pot or something when I sign that stupid contract.

    I don't even remember what I'm doing when they approach me on doing Nacho Libre. Fuck I need some weed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. btw if I ever find you badmouthing me again I'll make Tenacious D sequel just for you, and I'll force you to watch it everyday til the rest of your life!

    oh hey last cute blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recommend the Family Guy Vol 4 on DVD.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks dev. got your comments.

    dude family guys good and all but i would still recommend south park season 5.

    nacho libre looked promising but.. there was just way too much slapstick.

    haha hey jb.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Devi,
    I put your link to my Agloco blog. Can you add me, please.

    ma kasih ya

    ReplyDelete

Remember to always include your name and e-mail address to get personal reply. Constructive comments are more than welcome. And for the HATERS, thanks for the page hit!