Monday, June 12, 2006

My article is published!

I'm so ecstatic today! Cos my article entitled "Termakan Rayuan Iklan" for free magazine "Speak Your Mind" is being published today (edition 06/5th anniversary)! It's just my opinion actually, about deceiving advertisement. I was pessimistic at first time since my brother didn't really like it, but it's published without editing (completely my writings) that's why I'm so damn happy about it! Besides, I also will be given IDR 100,000 as publishing honor. Frankly I wrote it in order to get the money :) I don't intend to be a writer cos I think it's not my cup of tea *LOL*


The front page of the website.

Aha! See, that's my name! It's really surprising!

My full article.

I also got an e-mail from djakarta! the magazine which noticed me that my letter-to-the-editor were published twice; on the next edition no. 74 and past edition no. 71. She confirmed to ask me to give my personal data to complete the form for taking the prizes. From the magazine, I think I'll get quiksilver wallet and Reebok t-shirt. However, currently I'm not able to contact her cos whenever I send a reply, delivery failure notification will pop-up in my inbox soon after. It said that the domain (@djakartamag.com) was unknown. I was trying to seek for a phone number of the office, but I didn't get any. Just a list of e-mails. So I tried one by one. Hopefully I can get my prizes soon.

2 comments:

  1. Read it.

    Well I don't know about the cheap Indo flights, but in Europe we have EasyJet, Ryanair, and many other smaller airlines, which do give cheap flights. If you're not Indonesian and don't need a separate visa to go to a European country (like many ppl), it's dirt cheap, and sometimes you get a free flight. Free as in, the flight itself if free, but you still hafta pay airport tax, of about 15pounds per journey (a return will cost 30quid, which is like less then Rp. 600k, but this is to Europe man... international, nt just local flights). And even when they're not free, it'll cost only abt 5-15quid, and it's still relatively quite a lot cheaper than, e.g. taking British Airways. And it's as if they give good food, in flight meals cost an arm and a leg, and BA gave me a cold sandwich (I wouldn't mind but..) on a bloody hard bread huh.

    The bad thing abt budget flights, I think, is that you flight's more likely to be cancelled, but you'll still be compensated.

    But for Indo, the best way to get a cheap flight is ask your travel agent, lol. Then you can compare the true prices of diff flights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeap I read it!

    Thx for da infos.
    To live in Indo is merely to hell with hoaxes *LOL*

    ReplyDelete

Remember to always include your name and e-mail address to get personal reply. Constructive comments are more than welcome. And for the HATERS, thanks for the page hit!