By the way, I have got some conclusions from the sharing upon the talkshow;
- One thing for sure, your Academic Skills and ability to communicate in English is required.
- Responsibility of the child is a MUST in order to continue his/her study abroad. Show and prove it to your parents that u are trustworthy and responsible. Eventually they will let u to decide which country u would prefer.
- Generally, youngsters having a bright future in their jobs are likely afraid to lose their opportunities when they continue their studies. In my opinion, everybody has their own option, rite? I'm sure a boss won't want to be driven by his employee ;)
- When there was a question about overqualified ended up in rejection, I heard a very wise answer from Chief of HRD, one of the spokeperson;
"It's true that some companies may reject overqualified application. FYI, people who had Master degree was rare in the past. That's why when a company had to upgrade its employee's knowledge, they were given scholarships to study overseas. As time goes by, lots of graduate students have their Master degree abroad and compete to seek a job in Indonesia. Based on my experience, those who had Master degree from abroad, were having less chance to get eliminated from the first preliminary round. U know why? Cos when I opened a vacancy, they were hundreds applications came in 3 post sacks! I gave the first selection to Cleaning Service or Office Boy. I was not joking. That was the fact. Well of course when they opened the application they had to see the GPA and university he/she came from. But can u see the different? When they saw a certificate in language which they didn't understand, they classified it in special group instead of throwing it to the bin."
- I am getting more jealous with my brother to study abroad *LOL*
For text in Indonesian version, click here.